Friday, May 22, 2009

New Jodorowsky Soon?

King Shot Getting off the Ground

It would appear that surrealist Alejandro Jodorowsky's King Shot, his first film since 1990, may actually be getting some backing. Being dubbed as a "surrealist spaghetti western", so color me excited.

King Shot, which would star Nick Nolte, Marilyn Manson, Udo Kier, and Asia Argento has been in the works for a while now, but according to ScreenDaily, Laszlo Kantor of UJ Budapest FilmStudio is well on his way to securing the $7.4 million required to get it off the ground. The backers include an "array" of different partners, including another legendary surreal film maker in David Lynch.

Let's hope this picture finally becomes a reality, because I don't think I've heard of a more interesting sounding film than this in years. And you want to see it, too, even if you don't know it yet.

1 comment:

Mykal Banta said...

Warfreak: I so share your excitement! David Lynch, Nick Nolte (a true space cadet), and Marilyn Manson (who, I have read, will play a 300-year-old Pope) all on the same page? If that isn't worth a look-see, I don't know what is! AND Argento? Holy crap, I am completely there! -- Mykal

Olympic Artichoke banners designed by Whalehead

Email us: olympicartichoke@live.com