15 Songs to Make a Macabre Mix CD
Being this close to Halloween, I always like to make a nice horror-fied mix CD. Here are some great tracks to add to your own Macbre Mix CD, trust me, it'll be a huge hit at your Halloween party:
1. John Carpenter - Halloween Theme - You can't go wrong with Carpenter's simple and malicious score.
2. Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl - A lot of good White/Rob Zombie titles to pick from, but Living Dead Girl stands alone as a great and horrific pop song that'll get the people going.
3. The Cramps - Surfin' Dead - The Cramps are a great punk/rockabilly band, and have a lot of horror-themed stuff in their portfolio, but Surfin' Dead is probably their best known song, as it was from Return of the Living Dead.
4. Danzig - Am I Demon - It's Danzig, asking if he is a demon. What more do you want?
5. Sisters of Mercy - Cry Little Sister - This one is on the list, simply to get your guests to stand there for a minute and scratch their heads. Once you tell them that it's the song from The Lost Boys, they'll all nod in approval.
6. Type O Negative - Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All) - It's Type O Negative. It should be requisite fodder for the Halloween mix.
7. Gravediggaz - Diary of a Madman - Probably the best to come out of the Horrorcore genre of rap, Gravediggaz is Prince Paul, Frukwan, Too Poetic, and RZA, and they are some gruesome mothafunkas.
8. The Ramones - Pet Semetary - "I don't wanna be buried, in a pet cemetery, I don't want to live my life again." Tell me you don't want to hear that.
9. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast - Of course, we need some Maiden on here, and Number of the Beast will certainly pick things up.
10. Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare - I thought about going with Man Behind the Mask, but this is a much better song.
11. The Misfits - Night of the Living Dead - An absolute classic, Night of the Living Dead comes in at 1:57. And, of course, this is early (Danzig-era) Misfits.
12. Slayer - Raining Blood - The hardest song on here, Raining Blood is sure to make any crowd go a little berzerk. It's actually the catchy song on Rain of Blood, so it's a little more accessible than some of the others.
13. Wednesday 13 - The Ghost of Vincent Price - A pretty rocking song, pretty much any song by Wednesday 13 or The Murderdolls would work, but I like this one. It's all about Vincent Price. And that's awesome.
14. Michael Jackson - Thriller - Come on, you and everyone you know like Thriller and you secretly want to do the dance. Hopefully by track 14, you've had a few too many and you actually start doing it!
15. Fabio Frizzi - Zombie Fleash Eaters theme - A great way to cap it off is with Frizzi's wonderful theme to Fulci's classic Zombi 2. The song is seriously phenomenally eerie. A great capper!
- Jordan M. for MURDER!
Sulphur Springs, TX