Top 5 Halloween TV Specials
Alright, there are two times of year that are especially great to watch your favorite TV series, because you know they will probably do something special: Halloween and Christmas. And, since it is almost Halloween, my personal favorite holiday, I thought we'd go ahead and list out the top five TV Halloween specials of all time.
5. Freaks and Geeks: Tricks and Treats - Judd Apatow's woefully short-lived TV series actually managed to give us one of the best Halloween specials after just one season. In it, we follow Sam as he finally realizes that his time for trick or treating is up (a bittersweet realization that carries with it many more philosiphical underpinnings for a youth) and we get to see Bill dress up as the Bionic Woman! Here's a clip!
4. South Park: Pinkeye - After Kenny is killed (natch) by the Mir Space Station landing on him, he is zombified when a bottle of Worcestershire sauce accidentally gets mixed in with embalming fluid at the morgue. Plus Cartman dresses up like Hitler and Chef leads a zombified cartoon version of Thriller! You can't beat it.
3. Roseanne: Boo! - When I was a kid, I remember always loving the Roseanne Halloween specials. That show always pulled out all the stops and made some great Halloween entertainment. "Boo!" happens to be the first of the annual Halloween specials for the show, and the best. It features Roseanne attempting to do everything she can to scare the poo out of Dan as he awaits a very important business phone call. Roseanne was so big on Halloween specials, they've even released a Halloween Special DVD! Plus you can watch it here!
2. The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror V - My favorite of all the Treehouse specials, part V featured "The Shinning", "Time and Punishment", and "Nightmare Cafeteria". The last one was actually pretty ghoulish, featuring a group of teachers feasting on the children of Springfield! Although the Treehouse that comes out this year does look promising, as it includes a Simpsons version of...
1. It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - Of course this is going to be number one. It's an absolute classic that deserve its status. Is there anything more heartbreaking than watching Charlie Brown get a rock at every house he trick or treats at? No. Watch it here!
Now, I know, I like Paul Lynde as much as the next guy, but these are my personal favorites. If you don't like it, you can shove it. But you don't like it, you love it.
- Jordanstein's M.onster
Sulphur Springs, TX