Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blog Spotlight: The Criterion Grindhouse Collection

I've got to show some love here for a blog that I was recently introduced to that makes me very happy, and I'm sure, loyal reader, that you'll enjoy it.

That blog is none other than THE CRITERION GRINDHOUSE COLLECTION. It seems to be the baby of graphic designer Matthew Lute, and he does a fantastic job picking out staples of genre film that, I assume, he considers worthy of enshrinement in his canon of great "grindhouse" cinema. He deftly creates box art for his own spin on that cineaste favorite, the Criterion Collection. I sure hope someone at Criterion Co is listening! I hope he doesn't mind, but here's an example of his work:



Great stuff. Head on over to HIS BLOG and check it out.

No comments:

Olympic Artichoke banners designed by Whalehead

Email us: olympicartichoke@live.com