Sunday, August 19, 2007

Top Ten List of the Week

Top Ten Teen Comedies

The release (and sheer coolness) of Superbad has prompted me to make this one. My list of the week this week is the top ten teen comedies of all time. I don't claim to be an expert on the genre, but it's pretty young and I think I've seen enough to make a competent list. What makes a teen comedy? Well, in this case, we're saying that the characters in the films themselves must be in their teens. There's also an intangible here that I'm not really able to pinpoint. What I mean is this, the protagonist (Max) in Rushmore is in his teens but that is not a teen comedy. Let's just say that we all know what a teen comedy is and I'm not going to define it anymore. Deal with it.

NOTE: EDITED 8/28 TO INCLUDE HEATHERS

This is kind of a toughie, but I'll give it my all (and try to limit the nostalgia factor):

1. Superbad
2. Dazed and Confused
3. Heathers
4. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
5. Can't Hardly Wait
6. American Pie
7. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
8. Say Anything...
9. Sixteen Candles
10. Risky Business

- Jordan M.
Commerce, TX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are sixteen candles and say anything...especially say anything...considered comedies?
and if they are, then what about heathers? or real genius?

Jordan in Texas said...

Totally forgot about Heathers. Damn. It's one of my favorites, too.

Yeah. Say Anything and Sixteen Candles are considered comedies. At least by their distributors.

Olympic Artichoke banners designed by Whalehead

Email us: olympicartichoke@live.com