Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bruce Campbell Vs. Frankenstein

Ash vs. The Monster

Apparently Bruce "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell has recently sent a message over to the guys over at AICN discussing the upcoming sequel to last years messy My Name is Bruce. Anyway, here's the email:

Hello everyone. Bruce Campbell here. This urgent message is short, because my keystrokes are monitored and I fear for my life. My partner at Dark Horse comics, Mike Richardson (normally a very rational and talented man), threatened to have his foot soldiers "crush my spleen" if I did what I am about to do. But the fans deserve to know, so with great trepidation I officially announce Bruce Vs. Frankenstein, the sequel to My Name is Bruce. Principal photography begins this fall in Oregon. I'd like to live long enough to see the cameras roll, so please, for the love of God, do not tell anyone - I can't risk this announcement getting back to Mike! Thank you.


Seeing how My Name is Bruce was a disappointment, but not a total disaster or anything, it's not so easy to get excited about this news. Of course I'm going to buy it, but I just wish I could get more jazzed about a project that's this high on the fanboy nerd-o-meter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I was *so* excited about My Name is Bruce, and it basically sucked. What made it worse was all the fans giving it reluctantly good reviews, I guess because they felt they had to.

And, like you, I will be watching this one, but unfortunately will be going in with feelings of ambivalence. Please be a good movie, Bruce!!

Olympic Artichoke banners designed by Whalehead

Email us: olympicartichoke@live.com