Monday, August 10, 2009

Upcoming Film Preview: A Serious Man


Upcoming Film Preview: A Serious Man

Directed By: Joel and Ethan Coen
Starring: Michael Stuhlbarg, Richard Kind, Adam Arkin
Country: USA
Release Date: October 2, 2009 - Limited Release
View the TRAILER

Plot Synopsis: A black comedy set in 1967 and centered on on Larry Gopnik (Michael Stuhlbarg), a Midwestern professor who watches his life unravel when his wife prepares to leave him because his inept brother (Richard Kind) won't move out of the house.

Well, if you are not interested in seeing how the Coens will follow up No Country and Burn After Reading, you may not care about interesting cinema. I'll admit it, I'm an unabashed Coen Brother adorer. I love everything from Blood Simple to Barton Fink to Intolerable Cruelty (with, perhaps, an exception for The Ladykillers). So, I don't even have to know a damn thing about this movie and I will be the first one in line at the ticket booth, just because the name COEN is atop the marquee.

2 comments:

wiec? said...

right there with you.

Richard Kind might be a nice guy in real life but he plays a horse's ass perfectly. i would move out of my own house if that guy overstayed his welcome.

The Man-Cave said...

I like the Coen's as well but still haven't seen Burn After Reading yet. Thanks for the post as I am interested in seeing this one.

Olympic Artichoke banners designed by Whalehead

Email us: olympicartichoke@live.com